Sigma Beta Club
In the early 1950s, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity became the first Greek organization to establish a youth auxiliary group. Under the direction of Bro. Dr. Parlett L. Moore, while serving as National Education Director, the Sigma Beta Club was founded. Brother Moore was concerned with changing needs in our communities and recognized the important role that Sigma men could play in the lives of our youth. founders of Phi Beta Sigma were all educators in their own right. The genesis of the Education Program lies in the traditional emphasis that the fraternity places on Education. During the 1945 conclave in St. Louis, MO, the fraternity underwent a constitution restructuring which led to the birth of the Education as a National Program., it was the first youth auxiliary group of any of the National Pan-Hellenic Council organizations.